What can you do with a Master's degree in Politics?
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Not just a politician. Discover the wide range of career options that a Master's degree provides you with.
Before learning all about the career opportunities you'll have, let's learn a little about politics and its definition.
What is Politics?
- Politics are the actions or activities concerned with achieving and using power in a country or society.
- Politics are the activities of the government, members of law making organizations, or people who try to influence the way a country is governed.
- Politics is the study of the ways in which countries are governed.
To sum up, Politics is all about influence, power, relationships and groups of people and the ways in which they use their influence and power to govern a country.
Now that you have a general picture of what politics is about, let's dig a little deeper into what you can become with a Master's degree in Politics.
It is pretty common to believe that if you study a master's in politics, you'll become a politician. And this is not far from the truth! It is true that with a Master's degree you can hold a seat in Parliament, but there's more to it than that!
With a Master's degree in Politics, you can have the following career options:
- Political campaign manager
- Policy Analyst
- Market research analyst
- International business development manager
- Legislative assistant
- Legislative analyst
- Public relations specialist
Why study a Master's degree in Politics?
- It will help you understand how governments operate and interact.
- You will be able to make changes from the inside.
- Politics influences every aspect of a nation's citizens lives and contributes to their wellbeing, including education, employment, healthcare and housing.
- You will have a very interesting and dynamic job.
- It will provide you with plenty of opportunities for career growth.
- You'll analyze fundamental problems in human society, such as world peace, economic crisis, globalisation, international trade, and more.
Where should I study Politics?
University of Aberdeen
Master of Arts in Politics and Theology and Religion
Master of Arts in Politics and Spanish and Latin American Studies
Master of Arts in Politics and Sociology
Master of Arts in Politics and International Relations
Master of Arts in Philosophy, Politics and Economics
Master of Arts in Philosophy and Politics
Master of Arts in Legal Studies and Politics
Master of Arts in History and Politics
Master of Arts in German and Politics
Master of Arts in Gaelic Studies and Politics
Master of Arts in French and Politics
Master of Arts in Economics and Politics
Master of Arts in Business Management and Politics
Master of Arts in Anthropology and Politics